RFID modernises production at Hilding Anders Polska Sp. z o.o.
- Automatic identification of raw materials, semi-finished products and finished products
- Automatic marking the final products and pallets
Advantages of the implementation:
Hilding Anders Polska Sp. z o.o. is a part of an international corporation called Hilding Anders AB, a leading manufacturer of beds and mattresses operating on European and Asian markets for more than 70 years. The plant in Murowana Goślina near Poznan is the most cutting-edge manufacturing plant held by the corporation and the largest one in this part of Europe. More than 800 employees work here, and the output exceeds 2 million mattresses a year. The manufactured beds and mattresses are sold by the company under its private labels and supplied to different furniture retailers, i.e. Ikea, Black Red White, or Vox.
To ensure the highest standards relating not only to the quality of its products, but also to their labelling and identification, Hilding Anders Polska Sp. z o.o. decided to implement innovative solutions in its plant. The first of them is a modern manufacturing technology using the automatic identification system based on barcodes and on radio tags, operating in the UHF band. The combination of those two technologies in a single solution of manufacturing process control is a pioneering idea for the industrial plants of that type. Another implemented solution was the system of automatic labelling the end products and pallets holding mattresses which are left the factory.
Execution of those demanding tasks was entrusted to SKK S.A. company from Krakow.
The Krakow-based company offered, delivered and implemented the system with devices and consumables. The system includes:
The devices and consumables provided by SKK, and especially their installation and implementation services, should be assessed very highly. The implemented technologies are known to SKK engineers perfectly, and their experience allowed an accurate approach to many issues during the implementation of the system. I am very satisfied with the cooperation with SKK.
- Microscan industrial barcode readers for identifying blocks of foam transported to production stations;
- Toshiba RFID tag printers for programming tags applied to the mattresses;
- UPC Gen 2 Raflatac radio tags for mattress labelling in accordance with EPC Class 1 Gen 2 ISO 18,000-6C standard;
- Intermec RFID readers for identifying tags on mattresses;
- Automatic marking and labeling devices constructed by SKK engineers based on Intermec industrial printers, both for marking mattresses and labeling logistic pallets with finished products.