GS1, WMS and radio network at Ceramika Color Sp. z.o.o
Objectives of the implementation:
- Implementation of standard marking compliant with GS1
- Labelling automation
- Meeting the requirements of cooperation with trading networks
Benefits of the implementation:
Ceramica Color Sp. z.o.o. was founded in 2002 and since its inception it has been a private enterprise. In 2008 it became a part of the group of Polish-Italian capital, which consists of: Ceramika Końskie Sp. z.o.o. (wall tiles), Ceramika Stargres Sp. z.o.o. (glazed porcelain gres tiles), Cotto Petrus Sp. z.o.o. (bisque) and StarDust Sp. z.o.o. (granulate for the production of glazed gres tiles).
Ceramika Color Sp. z o.o. cooperates with the largest chains of construction markets and interior furnishing, such as Castorama, Leroy Merlin, Obi, as well as with a wide chain of its own wholesale partners. Thanks to that CC products are available at many places throughout the country. The company also gradually increases its export sales, reaching more than 25% share of exports in total sales of the company in 2013.
The increasing demands of its customers Ceramika Color Sp. z.o.o. meets by investments in technological development – using raw materials and semi-finished products of the highest quality for the production, as well as technical development – by the modernization of the existing machine park and investments in new equipment. As part of development a global standard of logistic units labelling in compliance with GS1 was implemented at the plant in Końskie.
The execution of this task was entrusted to SKK S.A. company, which as a one of the few companies from its line of business, provided full service for all planned investments of Ceramika Color.
In the first stage of the investment SKK executed:
- Installation of labels print stations (application with a certificate of compliance GS1), integrated with the ERP system
- Construction of economical insular radio network
- Implementation of the WMS, using a mobile application SKK Smart (application with a certificate of compliance GS1).
In the next phase of the investment there were carried out:
- Installation of automatic labelling systems integrated with production automatics (a line with the palletizers and conveyors) – marking the GS1 logistic labels (CC, CK and SG plants)
- Expansion of the radio network in the CC plant and the transition to mobile work on-line
- Implementation of WMS in CK and SG plants.
The implementation of the GS1 logistic label in CC stands out the use of 2D Datamatrix bar code. The 2D label is a carrier of additional information – among others, the in-plant product bar code and the name of the product. This causes that all information about the contents of the pallet and the characteristics of the product are available without communication with the native system.
The use of GS1 labels with unique SSCC number ensures full tracking of logistic carriers from their formation, by in-plant trading of goods and storage, loading, trading in logistic centers until their delivery to the final customer.